Ford Performance Other parts make up a vehicle besides 'go fast' parts... discuss and review any of your other mods here.

Acetone/Diesels

Old 04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Default Acetone/Diesels

I spend a lot of time on the TrailerLife forums for RVing. One thread of interest that came up was the use of pure acetone (2 to 3 oz. to 10 gal of fuel) that improves MPG and combustion of diesel. Through one of their links I ended up on (please excuse me) the Dodge forum and that seems to be a very active thread. Three of their members are using acetone and will be posting their results. To get the article about the use of acetone go to the Dodge Forum to see if this interests you. Along with other performance enhancers, maybe I can improve my MPG pulling our fithwheel RV. Happy trucking.

Old 06-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Default RE: Acetone/Diesels

I would not use acetone it is not a good thing for the viton oring used in fuel systems of all diesels across all manufacturs.
ORIGINAL: campnapper

I spend a lot of time on the TrailerLife forums for RVing. One thread of interest that came up was the use of pure acetone (2 to 3 oz. to 10 gal of fuel) that improves MPG and combustion of diesel. Through one of their links I ended up on (please excuse me) the Dodge forum and that seems to be a very active thread. Three of their members are using acetone and will be posting their results. To get the article about the use of acetone go to the Dodge Forum to see if this interests you. Along with other performance enhancers, maybe I can improve my MPG pulling our fithwheel RV. Happy trucking.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:32 PM

i been using acetone in my 98 fords for a year now and i went from 16.5mpg to 23mpg and thats in all my cars and expy.i use 0.235/gal gas. acetone is the mildest of all solvents.. gas has far more dangerous solvents then acetone

Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Well its just not for Diesels, I read an article on it aswell a few months back, but if you try using the wifey's nail polish remover you gotta make sure its 100% Acetone , most are mixed with water . like most things every body has these fantastic claims , I think if it really did this as it says people would have been on it years ago as , Acetone has been around for years, an various things have been run in cars to make them get better fuel mileage .

My thought's are probaly the first few times you use it , it cleans yours injectors, spark plugs , or open up the passages in the Carb. ,eats away the ole carbon build up on the pistons an valves, kinda tune up in a bottle.

I tried it several times my self I went with 10 tank fill ups , I never saw any differance in the way the motor ran , or improve my fuel mileage.

But then again Iam kinda partial to using SEAFOAM, I add a can once a month to my fuel tank, first time I used it I ran it straight thru the motor , she smoked like a freight train for like 5-6 minutes, an then cleared up , { if you add it to the fuel tank it dont smoke , only when you run the car on it straight outta the can, no gas with it . } mine idle shoot up like 300 rpms, starts easier, an probaly like 2 miles to the gallon over what I was getting.

So maybe cause I was using the Seafoam all ready it didnt make any diff. in running the Acetone

here is the web addy if you want to read it

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/