Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

Bought This Just Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Default Bought This Just Yesterday

2002 Ranger XLT 4dr 4 litre 4WD

Few easy questions in case I get some parts from Walmart and will need Fram numbers instead of seaching their parts manual.

Please supply Fram numbers for oil filter and air filter

Couple more questions seeing as I have not crawled under it yet.
Do these vehicles have front end grease fittings ?
I am ancient but I still do oil changes and anything else that I can like brakes , tune ups etc. .. Hope the oil filter is easy enough to get at from the bottom. Can't find it from the top side.
Can the automatic transmission pan be removed easily for changing fluid or is it a big job.
It has 100K km on it. (60K miles approx) . Runs extrememly quiet and smooth. I used Mobil 1 in my previous vehicle (car). Would it be a good idea to do so in this Ranger as well ? I don't see any leaks anywhere. How many KM should I run the synthetic oil before changes under normal no tow , no load conditions. Just empty box with canopy on it for 99% of use.
Thanks for any responses.
W.Y.[/align]

Old 01-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Default RE: Bought This Just Yesterday

No Need to reply now.
I posted this message the same time as I posted the identical message in another Ford discussion forums site.
I got twentysix responses there and none here.
Thanks anyway.
W.Y.