Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

A/C not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Default A/C not working

I have a 94 4x4xlt, the blower works fine, heat wonderful but the a/c does not work. i don't hear the compressor clicking, i put freon in does not workcould it be the compressor or condensor?

Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 AM
Default RE: A/C not working

Do you have a blown fuse? It may be a fuse under the hood.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 AM

i want to think i checked a few years ago but i will check again. if that is not it could it be a bad compressor?

Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Assuming the fuse is good id say the a/c compressor is to blame. when the a/c compressor is functioning properly the a/c compressor will kick off and on as needed. when the a/c system is low on the freon it will kick off and on like crazy till it is refilled to normal range or until it burns the clutch up in the a/c compressor. Which brings me to my next point if it isnt kicking on or off at all with the a/c turned on it may just be the clutch part of the a/c compressor and not the entire compressor that is actually bad but if you are uncertain of the over all condition of the entire unit or if it appears to be a original part then id get the whole a/c compressor assymbly clutch and all.... the only other thing i can tell you is the fuse is good you may want to confirm that you are in fact getting power to the a/c compressor itself,, who knows maybe there is a break in the wiring leading to it and thats why it wont kick on.. good luck hope you get it figured out

Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 PM

If you found that the compressor is running and you still only have heat look for the blend door being broken. There is an in the vehicle repair on the web to fix that problem. This has been a problem with others.