Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

05 Taurus - Tail Lights and dash light not working since I hooked up to a friends utility trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Default 05 Taurus - Tail Lights and dash light not working since I hooked up to a friends utility trailer

05 Taurus - Tail Lights and the dimmable dash light not working since I hooked up to a friends utility trailer that had a defective tail light. Brake lights and turn signals work OK. But with the headlights on the tail lights and front park/warning lights don't come on. The dimmable dash light for the instrument clusterisn't on either although all the indicators work. The other thing I noticed is that the warning chime doesn't come on when I leave the headlights on and open the door.

The Utility trailer I was hooking up seemed to have a grounding problem with one of the tail lights which was corroded. When the trailerwas hooked up and I applied the brakes on the car all the backlighting on the radio and air sytem controls lit up.

Before this everything was workingfine when it was used with my utility trailer.

Car is equipped with daytime running lights, no auto lamp sensor, power windows and locks, auto transmission, 4 door sedan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Baxter

Old 12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 05 Taurus - Tail Lights and dash light not working since I hooked up to a friends utility trailer

Check fuse F2.18/15amp in the SJB/fuse panel.....

Old 12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 05 Taurus - Tail Lights and dash light not working since I hooked up to a friends utility trailer

In the fuse panel,, (in the fuse grouping just below the relays) F.2 18 location is in second row from the top all the way to the right/passenger side..