Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Dirt In Rear Cabin Of 2011 Taurus

Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Default Dirt In Rear Cabin Of 2011 Taurus

Has anyone here had the problem of dirt, not dust, dirt accumulating in large quantities in the rear cabin of the new style Taurus. I have a 2011 Ford Taurus Limited which was bought new and have had this problem since day one. Ford has replaced seal after seal, in fact they even designed a new seal kit and nothing has worked. You can see what I've been up against by viewing my YouTube videos here. DirtyFordTaurus - YouTube . Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:42 PM

First, I would suspect you either live on a dirt road or drive on them .
What I would think is happening is; as you are driving there is a negative pressure inside the cabin and that is most likely created by the numerous vents in the rear of the vehicle like the lower trunk area. Usually a positive pressure created by having the blower operating in the normal, not recirculating mode, can help with this. The culprit is that dust air is entering through a poor fit/seal at the rear door area. If they don't know how to confirm a good fit between the door and the body around the door, the dirty air gets kicked up and enters with the help of the negative pressure through the poor door seal. I believe a good body shop can correct the door fit and eliminate that problem.