Ford Tempo/Probe These small cars offered a sporty feel and affordable price.

94 Probe GT Fuel/Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Default 94 Probe GT Fuel/Electrical Problems

Car will not start, and fuel cut out light is on. Checked the inertia switch, new fuel pump, fuel relay, and lots more. Pump works when hot wired through diagnostic box. Pump is not getting voltage either. Pump works, relay is good, ?????????!!!!!!!! Somebody, pleeeeeease help!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Default RE: 94 Probe GT Fuel/Electrical Problems

Did you remove the connecter , , I've seen the connecter going on top of the tank be burnt / charred causing a bad connection, Sometimes if you wiggle it , it will go to working , same thing with the ground , You could have power going down to it , But if the ground is faulty it still wont hummmm , I dont have a wiring diagram here in front of me . But I belive that the wire runs straight from the fuel pump cut off switch , You can jump it rite at the bottom of the connecter to by pass it , If you need to test it

Old 09-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Default RE: 94 Probe GT Fuel/Electrical Problems

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Default i think were in the same trouble

first sorry my englhis im from montreal and i speak french,i have the same trouble and good luck im on that until a few month ,fisrt the fuel cut out light is normal when you pu the key to run it supose to turn off when you start. i work on a probe gt 93 2.5l . the fuel pump relay work (and for information this relay give also the power to all solenoid (2 vris solenoid ,can purge,iac,fuel presure regulator and 2 egr)by the red black wire ,and also go to the pcm relay (circuit relay)1rst one at rigth to the fuel pump relay,if you have power to all red black wire when the key is on the on or start position,disconnect a spark plug wire on the distributor and put it near is **** then crank to see if you do fire,if not check your cluster ,did the rpm needle move when you turn the key?or dou you see your check engine light is in the same circuit.if not you have the same problem of me and you need to find the cluster electrical shema like i try.2 possibilitie ...the inersi switch use a white and red wire who pass trough the cluster(fuel cut out)and i tink trough the tacometer to do someting to the green wire who go to the icm(smaler plug on the distributor)on the distributor the green wire is yellow and blue i have the eec wiring diagram an the power distribution shema write me e email i will try to find a scanner or i will take a pics and send you.good luck me i dont tink i will win this figth

nice.boy@live.ca

Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Default and...

if you dont have problem whit your check eng ligth jump the grnd and sti terminal in the data link box and note the short and long light flash or connect a obd 1 scaner and tell me wath you have .that **** use a vris syssstem on the intake who can cause many troube ,the presure relese solenoide or the evap system can cause a lot of trouble and you have a ckp and a cam sensor in distrib....
ford(mazda) have create a nice but to complicate efi system for the obd1 years