General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

500 remote start not cranking

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Default 500 remote start not cranking

Hello
My remote start stopped working, it would go through all the steps including beep when I push the blue key button and then beep for crank/startup but would not crank the motor over. Sometimes it would give me two beeps so I checked the brake pedal and hood and found that the hood switch was bad or intermittent so it got replaced. But the remote would still not crank/start the car. After some time and fiddling around with my remote, open close doors and other things that made no difference at all. I sat in the car and noticed the security light in the dash would flash quickly when using my remote. This led me to get my wife remote and try it and it works. So just out of curiosity, I went to the car shut it down (brake pedal) and tried my remote and now it also works all the time. Well, three time in a row which is three times more than 30 minutes ago.

Just an FYI

Edit/update two days later both remotes are not working the search goes on.

Last edited by rpsibew110; 06-09-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-09-2019, 03:08 PM

I have tried adding a remote to the system and I have wiped all the remotes and readded them to the system. I did test the remotes to make sure they were removed.

The remotes still do not start the car and the anti-theft flashed quickly when it tries to start the car.

I can start the car with the key in the ignition.

I also found that when the engine is to crank and you get the beep(s) I do get one beep and that equates to the ITs ( interior theft sensor) it has always beeped on button press and again when the car started. I do not know if this is normal. So I got into programming mode and made it less sensitive which did not help.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Is this remote start an add on and not an original as built on the vehicle?

Old 06-10-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Is this remote start an add on and not an original as built on the vehicle?
It was purchased and installed at the dealership when the car was new. It was not on the car from the factory. "Ford Motor Company PowerCode vehicle security and or convenience system" is what it reads inside on the first page.