General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 ford Contour stall

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Unhappy 99 ford Contour stall

Hello all I have a 99 Ford Contour with a 2.0L vin 3 engine. It stalls randomly always after accelerating and then letting off the gas. I have replaced the fuel pump, Maf, IAC, Crank shaft postion sensor, fuel filter. I still randomly have the car just shut off as if somone has thrown the switch on it. Im trying to help out my younger brother this is his car and im going broke trying to fix it. Any and all help with this problem would be greatly apprecitated. Any other Ideas out there short of a stick of Dynomite?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by notaford
Hello all I have a 99 Ford Contour with a 2.0L vin 3 engine. It stalls randomly always after accelerating and then letting off the gas. I have replaced the fuel pump, Maf, IAC, Crank shaft postion sensor, fuel filter. I still randomly have the car just shut off as if somone has thrown the switch on it. Im trying to help out my younger brother this is his car and im going broke trying to fix it. Any and all help with this problem would be greatly apprecitated. Any other Ideas out there short of a stick of Dynomite?
Have you inspected the ignition coil yet man? (refer to Part Detail for a better idea of how it looks) Sometimes if a component of the ignition system- particularly the ignition coil- is faulty then it will cause the car to stall at random times. I know that you said you're strapped for cash right now but the part is only $77 so it wouldn't hurt to consider replacing it.

Keep us abreast on your situation man!