General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

airbag light and noise for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Default airbag light and noise for no reason

my airbag light goes on in my 95 taurus and flashes soemtimes and there is this loud annoying noise that it makes when the light goes off. i have taken it to ford and gotten it checked out and they cant seem to find the problem, what a surprise. does anyone know why this happens and what i can do about it?

Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Default RE: airbag light and noise for no reason

it sounds to me like your airbag module is going bad...has the car ever been wrecked?

Old 03-21-2005, 10:53 PM

no the car has never been in a wreck. it just started happenin one day. ford cant fix it.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Administrator

well, i think perhaps a body shop would have a tool to scan things like that, because after a wreck, a body shop woudl have to scan the airbag system for proper function. i would call around or check in with some larger body shops...perhaps they will be able to tell you whats wrong, or maybe not to worry about it, and why...

Old 03-24-2005, 01:27 AM

definitly sounds like you should disconnect the power for the airbag and such. the airbag could deploy at anytime, and could cause an accident (or, thats what the ford guy said, lol) besidees, that sound is so fricken annoying. lol.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Administrator

let me say that under no circumstances should you attempt to alter the function of your airbag system. the airbag light blinking means that something is not working correctly, not that it might randomly deploy. if you were to alter your airbag system, and you were to get in a car accident, your injuries WOULD NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR INSURANCE, OR THE OTHER PERSON, WHOEVER WAS AT FAULT, because you altered your system, and the injuries may have been prevented by the airbags, were they functioning.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:44 AM

good answer patrick. i took out the fuse but now im gonna put it back in. thanks. ill just have to live wit it for now

Old 03-25-2005, 03:45 PM

If it where me, and I bought the thing new, I'd take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it, sighting safety as your mean concern.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:01 AM

i already took it to dealer. they dont know whats wrong. i had it there for like 2 weeks.

Old 03-28-2005, 02:15 PM

They cant be that DUM. Leave it there and have them get you a rental until they can fix it! Or have them give you full market value of the car when the problem started, and tell them you dont want it

Quick Reply: airbag light and noise for no reason