General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Epas, Advancetrac and other electrical failures that aren’t just my problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Default Epas, Advancetrac and other electrical failures that aren’t just my problems

2011 Fusion SE 2.5L here with abrupt and simultaneous Powersteering loss, Traction control loss, loud engine on heavy acceleration , ALL directly after fixing a flat tire in the front.

Codes probably need cleared, but wondering if it could be an electrical issue, seems like a lot of electronic components in the car are failing at once to some degree. Dim/fickering gauge clusters, and the headlights seem hella dim, most of the light comes from the fog lights 😭 (might just need aimed)

So my question… 😂 are ecu codes exclusively read by Ford themselves? I’d like to explore more options before taking to a dealership and advised to buy replacement everything’s… Had a buddy of mine check for engine codes and nothing popped…. I refuse to go to a dealership for their $200 diagnosis 😂

Battery puts out like it should, 95% life… this all just happened as soon as I got a flat in the front and rotated a wheel out from the back…. Which turns out to be a common complaint with these cars.

Old 06-03-2021, 04:48 PM

You will need a higher end scan tool to read the fault codes, are you sure you didn't damage something when you replaced the tire?
Without the fault codes its hard/impossible to give good advice.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by scott.butler4
You will need a higher end scan tool to read the fault codes, are you sure you didn't damage something when you replaced the tire?
Without the fault codes its hard/impossible to give good advice.

What would there be to damage? If it was a sensor issue when the flat occurred, clearing a potential code could be a possible solution?

I know at least ONE sensor was triggered, as the “check tire pressure” message appeared… upon clearing, is when everything died

Old 06-04-2021, 04:04 AM

The only thing I can think of that you may have damaged is a wheel speed sensor harness, not sure how you would have managed that though.
Maybe its just a coincidence that there are faults after you got a flat.
Its really not worth speculating until you know what fault codes are present.