General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Horn on blinker switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 04:35 PM
Default Horn on blinker switch

Who remembers what year Ford put the horn on the blinker switch? Thanks, my son thinks I'm crazy.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:41 AM

Please tell us where the blinker switch was on the vehicle you remember.

One of the tricks we played on folks sometimes was, we put a push button switch on the floor under the floor mat that when we depressed the switch slightly with our left foot the horn would blow. Then we would claim special ability to make the horn blow anytime we touched any part of the vehicle when we were really depressing the button under the mat.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:40 AM
Default Horn on blinker switch

The blinker switch was in the regular place on the left side of the steering wheel. You would push it in like you do for the windshield washer today. It was only for one year that I remember.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:59 AM

Just when you think you have seen them all, something new always comes up.
I remember the two levers on the old Model T Ford , I believe the lever on the left side of the steering column was for spark advance so it would start with a crank and then the lever on the right side of the column was for engine speed. Sorry to say , I don't remember seeing a Ford with the horn button on the signal lever. Signal lights from the factory , I believe didn't appear until the late 40 s. Until then the usual hand signals were all we had. Left turn was left arm straight out and index finger pointing to the left and a right turn was the left hand up palm facing the front and bent at the elbow. All seems so funny now. Also , a quick stop was the left hand out , palm facing back and hand down at about a 45 degree angle . That was to prevent from getting rear ended. I don't remember if they even had stop lights in some of those early vehicles.