General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

mustang power outage

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Question mustang power outage

I have a 2007 mustang it starts and runs but no brake lights,headlights ,turn signals,power windows,radio,heater. it seems the only thing working is the cluster. all fuses are good, and all fuses have power where else should I look any body been through this ?

Old 05-07-2017, 01:19 PM

sorry your having such problems, and I don't have a Mustang, but electrical circuits
don't usually act this way..
Brake lights, head lights are Hot meaning the engine does not need to be on for them to
work
the others you mention usually need the key in run or aux, a different circuit..
When you say fuses are good, did you do a voltage test on both sides of the fuse?
you can not test across a fuse, one side is hot always the other is hot when the circuit
is closed...
Please check you owners manual.. as it should tell you what fuses protect which
circuit..
Hope you repair the problem.
sorry if I sound like an ***, I'm not trying to.. just need to understand what is
the root cause.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Default Mustang power outage

This is a baffling mind boggle cluster f$$% for me no worries you do not sound like an *** cuz I would say the same thing you mentioned Lol that or we're both asses yes there is power to each and every fuse all fuses are good ! I was thinking about a fusible link possibly . on my prelim check I did check all cables and positive wires in harness and at supply box have voltage as expected So I kinda thinking it is a grounding problem but the stupid car runs my only other thought is the ignition switch or a hidden rely some place I checked all the relays I can see I pulled out the star guard how ever I did forget to say My customer reported that his alarm quit working he thought the key fob battery was dead so replaced it and still nothing could it be the alarm is doing this ? and how can I find the factory alarm to disconnect it just for fun. I know how to bypass aftermarket alarms but not sure how the factory alarm is done so there it is 3 things that I am pondering just cant figure wich one I should go for first\

Old 05-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Hi Mike,
There is a GEM (Generic Electronic Module) in your vehicle that controls those functions.
It would be a good move to have someone with the proper scan tool check your vehicle. It may cost some diagnostic time , but will confirm if the module requires replacement.