General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

My Key does not turn off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 04:41 PM
Default My Key does not turn off?

I have a 2016 Ford Fusion SE, FWD. I was testing My Key. It did set it up for 45 MPH and 65 MPH. I want to clear it but there is no option to clear ‘My Key’.

It says 1 MyKey 4.9 mi.
1 Admin Key.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-14-2022, 04:55 PM

I also made the My Key settings with the key fob I have. I was provided with 2 key fobs by Ford dealership but I lost it. Is the second physical key required to clear it?

I assume lost keys aren’t covered by insurance? What about under warranty through where I bought the car?

Whats the cheapest way to get a second key fob?

Last edited by Ford Fusion Owner; 08-14-2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:08 PM

Walmart has it for $28.58 online. Do I need that and then go to my local Walmart and have them cut my key and program it?

What’s the cheapest way to get this done?

Last edited by Ford Fusion Owner; 08-14-2022 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:35 PM

Anyone?

Old 08-21-2022, 04:47 PM

Please help?

Old 08-21-2022, 06:19 PM

To code any new keys requires a special tool and procedure which Walmart does not have.

The cheapest thing to do is find a locksmith that can code keys to your vehicle and end up with at least 3 working keys, why, because if you have 2 WORKING keys you can code up to 8 yourself. I suggest the third key because as you know, keys do get lost and you would not be in this predicament again.

You do have a choice of going to a dealership or a certified locksmith. The locksmith is usually cheaper, but you can call and make sure.
There is also a procedure to code key FOBS too. If you have the right key fobs the locksmith can do that for you too. If you decide to purchase key FOBS, you would be better served to purchase them from Ford. They might cost a little more , but you will have less trouble in the long run.

Old 08-24-2022, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
To code any new keys requires a special tool and procedure which Walmart does not have.

The cheapest thing to do is find a locksmith that can code keys to your vehicle and end up with at least 3 working keys, why, because if you have 2 WORKING keys you can code up to 8 yourself. I suggest the third key because as you know, keys do get lost and you would not be in this predicament again.

You do have a choice of going to a dealership or a certified locksmith. The locksmith is usually cheaper, but you can call and make sure.
There is also a procedure to code key FOBS too. If you have the right key fobs the locksmith can do that for you too. If you decide to purchase key FOBS, you would be better served to purchase them from Ford. They might cost a little more , but you will have less trouble in the long run.
I no longer have any interest in using ‘MyKey’ features.

Why not buy from Walmart and use Locksmith?

Old 08-24-2022, 04:17 PM

Why not ?

Old 08-24-2022, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Why not ?
You mean why I am not interested in using My Key?

Old 08-28-2022, 06:13 PM

hanky?

Quick Reply: My Key does not turn off?