General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

part casting number help please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Default part casting number help please!

So i have looked online for ford parts casting numbers and every site i was on say there is a letter first then a number then two letters (example C8SZ-7A247-A) but none of my parts with MoFoCo have that style number my numbers are a bit different (CJ5E-9J323-BC on fuel rail) or (CJ5E-6059-CG timing chain cover) this is all off the same block, ford 2.0l what im trying to figure out is what year these part are for and was it with or without turbo? and the crankshaft is total different so at the ford factory would they put a different year crankshaft for a different year engine? thanks for any help in advance!

Old 06-26-2023, 07:27 PM

There is an easier way to get the correct part and info and that is from a dealership parts dept. From your VIN they can pull up the correct parts used when your vehicle was built. You might consider looking into that , and getting the right part the first time.

Old 06-29-2023, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
There is an easier way to get the correct part and info and that is from a dealership parts dept. From your VIN they can pull up the correct parts used when your vehicle was built. You might consider looking into that , and getting the right part the first time.

That would have been my first go-to but I dont have the car, only the engine block which we recieved or found after buying some property. I thought we could make a couple bucks on it, but at this point it may be going to the scrape yard!