General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Peeing in gas tank..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Default Peeing in gas tank..

The other day one of my friends was served papers to go to court. He urinated in someones gastank (ford ranger, 2000 or newer) out of rage and dislike. This was months ago that this happened. She took it to a mechanic more then a month later and they told her "smelled urin in the tank, and it messed up the fuel pump". I looked on the internet for something to help him out, but I need professional input on this. From what I understand, this is IMPOSSIBLE. Correct? The most it would do is studder for a tank (just like having watter in the tank).
Could all of you put input on this so i can give this information to him.
Please no posts about "he shouldnt of done it" or things like that.
Thank you guys/gals!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Default RE: Peeing in gas tank..

There is no way it would hurt the fuel pump unless the tank was bone dry and even then unless he peed about a gallon or so it wouldn't hurt the fuel pump.This is just another case of court room greed or extreme dislike.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 PM

I WON'T SAY HE SHOULN'T HAVE DONE IT BUT I WILL SAY HE SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN CAUGHT

NO IT SHOULD NOT HAVE RUINED THE FUEL PUMP THE MOST IS SHOULD HAVE DONE IS RUINED FUEL FILTER IF THERE WAS ALREADY ENOUGH WATER IN TANK TO PICK IT UP AS THERE IS SOME SPACE BETWEEN BOTTOM OF TANK AND PICKUP TUBE

Old 10-28-2007, 08:46 PM

hey camaro,this will not effect the fuel pump.it will infact effect the performance of the truck.make it spit and sputter if the tank got low enough to pick up the pee.the water/pee is heavier than gas and will lay on the bottom of the tank.only whe it gets low enough it will pick up the pee and feed it to the fuel injectors and engine.making it spit and sputter.the only time the fuel pump will go out is if it is dry pumped or already deffective.the liquid/fuel/pee/water keeps the pump cool during operation.if there is nothing in the tank or to low fuel/pee/water for the pump to pick up it will in fact over heat the pump and damage it.the liquid lubricates and cools the pump just as oil does a motor or coolant to a mottor.if you dont have it then and only then will it cause damage.sounds like the repair shop is on her side.remember they are there to make money.if they side with her they get the money for the repair.and how did the shop smell pee over ggas it is impossible with fuel in the tank gas oder is stronger than pee.and if they did this just goes to show the vehicle was not fueled up in awhile.cause it was you wouldnt smel pee via the filler neck of the gas tank.tell your friend as long as no witnesses its a matter of hearsay.i could say ipee in the tank to doesnt mean i did.tell him also dont be his own worst enemy in the case dont admitt to doing it......joey

Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 AM

Pretty good nose on that mechanic. If I filled a gallon container 3/4 full with urin and added 1 cup of gas, it's going to smell like gas. Who's to say it wasn't just a case of bad gas/old gaswith a high sulfer content from a HOLE-IN-THE-WALL gas station.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM

hi, i say it is possible that the fuel pump was already weak and that the pee stopped up the fuel filter putting extra strain on the pump and fried the weak pump-all i know that is if i would have caught this jerk pissing in the gas tank of my 08 shelby mustang he would be walking around without a dick

Old 03-11-2018, 05:32 AM
Default Get the pee out

Some STP water remover or, 90% rubbing alcohol in the gas should get rid of the pee. Might be better to take the hose off and try to get the Pee out but, I don't know how easy that would be on your vehicle. I know it will remove water someone in this room should know if it would remove urine also.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:33 AM

10 year old post… LOL…