General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

power sliding window

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Default power sliding window

My power sliding rear window just recently quit working. All my other accessories are working and I believe the electric windows share the same fuse? Any ideas on how i can fix?

Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Default RE: power sliding window

If you can gain access to the motor tap it while holding the switch.If it runs the motor is bad.[hr]If no change try the fuse and test the switch with a test light or meter.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Default RE: power sliding window

assuming it is an f-150, the power slider motors fail all the time, if you have any warranty left take it to a dealership and they should fix it for free, other wise you can chane it your self, all you have to do is...
1. remove plastic trim at top of seatbelt on back seat by poppin gof top plastic piece and removing the two 10mm bolts.
2. then this is the hardest part, you have to remove the seat back, take a large pry bar, and stick it between the seat cussion, and the seat back, you will see a metal loop sticking out on both sides , you pry against this loop against the seat back, you have to do this on both sides, it may take you a couple of tries.
3. then pull the seat back out and remove the three pushpins on the passanger side and pull back the cover.
4. the motor should be clearly visible in the center. the new motor comes with new cables too, but oyu dont need to put them on just remove the new motot and replace the old motor.
5. to reassemble simply reverse order, just make sure the clips on back of seat click in.

the only tools you should need is a small flathead screwdriver, a deep 10mm socket , a large pry bar, an 8 mm socket, a T30 torks bit, and something to remove pushpins like a trim tool.

if you have any questions please ask.