General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Quick clarification re: the FordPass app

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 AM
Default Quick clarification re: the FordPass app

Hi all,

I am running the FordPass app on my iPhone and my truck has been at the dealership for service since last Tuesday. Today is Tuesday the 21st and when I check vehicle details and view the location it tells me where it is, but says that it was last updated Friday, August 17th at 08:36 hours. Does that me that they have not even started up my car since last Friday morning?

Thanks
Steve

Old 08-21-2018, 04:01 PM

You have to think positive, especially when you bring the box of doughnuts to the service dept stating you must have misunderstood that your car was done.
You get more flies with molasses than with vinegar,,,,,,,,,,most of the time! Sometimes works miracles.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
You have to think positive, especially when you bring the box of doughnuts to the service dept stating you must have misunderstood that your car was done.
You get more flies with molasses than with vinegar,,,,,,,,,,most of the time! Sometimes works miracles.
I don't disagree. I have tried to be extremely patient, but I purchased the car on May 7th, 2018 from them and it has been in and out for service 5 times for the same issue. One time they had it for two weeks. This time it's been over week. At this point they have had the truck 1/3 of the time that I have owned. I'm still being patient. The service guy that I have been dealing with is a good guy. That said, I am getting very tired of dealing with the same problem and my confidence that they are doing everything they can and taking it seriously is starting to deteriorate.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

What’s the complaint or concern?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
What’s the complaint or concern?
Suspension is squeaking. I recorded the attached with my iphone from inside the cabin, while driving. It makes a $70K truck sound like a 20 year old rust bucket and it is loud enough that when I pull into parking lots, I can see peoples heads turning to see where the noise is coming from.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Test.mp3 (1.23 MB, 37 views)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:08 PM

Sometimes if you can't get any satisfaction from the "Service Manager", you might get better results speaking with the Dealership owner or dealership manager..
As Hayapower inquired, why did you need to bring it in for service/repair?

Not knowing the circumstances, they could be waiting for special parts
If they haven't been able to correct a problem they could be waiting for a factory rep to show up

Usually the Service Manager should have an answer for you .

Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM

i replied this morning, with an audio attachment of my squeaking suspension, but I'm still waiting for the moderator to approve it apparently.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty noticeable

What series of truck?

Old 08-23-2018, 07:05 AM

2017 Raptor. The sound has been making me crazy. It's like having mice in the walls of my house. The squeaking isn't noticeable all the time. Generally at lower speeds and dry hot days it occurs and it isn't as noticeable when it is wet outside. Do you think that I am being overly fussy about it? Would you find it acceptable? I checked out the Raptor forums and there have been others who have taken their trucks in for the same reason. Seems that those dealerships either are saying that it's a truck and it is normal or they can't find anything wrong. Thing is, I traded in my 2012 Raptor with 112K miles and it never made any such sounds.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't tolerate it,,
And no, totally within your concern and complaint for a new vehicle to not be annoying.
I checked and didn't see any SSM, TSB's etc. for noises that follow your complaint.

I'd think they'd install chassis ears to isolate the noise/s for some direction if they haven't already.
Back in 2003 I had a brand new 250/6.0 that suffered horribly from turbo resonance/vibs (moan/drone) that was like a tuning fork applied to your feet and ankle from the vibrating floorboard. The audible drone in the cab was constant and more than annoying. At first the attempt to correct was a pipe realignment/setting but only seemed to help only some owners. Ford engineering was quite aware of the complaint by then but didn't have a fix, yet. Finally they came up with turbo pedestal 'A brace'. Problem solved.. Don't give up or give in...
That said,, certainly a buy back would have been an option if it was not correctable.

Last edited by Hayapower; 08-23-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Quick clarification re: the FordPass app