General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Reverse Sensor and Rearview camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Default Reverse Sensor and Rearview camera

I've got an '08 Expedition EL Limited with reverse camera and reverse sensing system that is acting up. About 2 months ago it both stopped working completely, turned out to be a blown fuse. I replaced the 10amp fuse and both worked fine again for about 2 weeks when the fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse and both worked for about 2 months after that. Now, the rear view camera is working but the reverse sensor is not.

I suspect the fuse blowing was related to the sensor now that it's out and the fuse has not blown again.

Here's the silly part, I don't have the usual "dots" on the bumper (sensors in the bumper) like my F150 does, so I'm kinda baffled as to where it's located on the Expedition. I need to find it and figure out if I can find a replacement to see if that's the issue. From there start tracing the wiring to see if there's a short somewhere... again, I'm at a loss as to where the wireing runs. I assume it's all in the back door/hatch, and there is wiring that runs out the top of the door into the roof of the truck.

Anyway, I'm looking for some guidance on where to start with troubleshooting this. My wife drives the Expy primarily and is starting to really nag at me about not having the reverse sensor... I can understand because you really become reliant on it, especially in a vehicle as big as the Expy EL.

Thanks for any help you all might be able to provide!

Old 04-30-2020, 01:49 PM

Ok so the parking sensor in this case is built into the module, which of course means it will be expensive. It is behind the bumper looks like it would be above the hitch.
If I understand correctly a fuse blew twice, you replaced the fuse and it stopped blowing when the parking sensor stopped working correct?
Which fuse did you replace? The fuse for the parking aid module is in the SJB F35, 10 amps.