General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Running too hot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Default Running too hot?

I have a 1990 Econlone E250 extended V8 (not sure which size). During highway driving at temps up to 85 or so the meter sits right around the "m" in the word normal that is on the meter (this is the middle). But when it gets hotter or at any temp if I start to climb a decent hill/mountain the temp increases to and sometimes just past the "L" in normal. This is still within the brackets of whats considered normal but higher than I would like to see it. I had the system checked for leaks (pressure test) and there are none. The fan clutch is good, the pump and cap were replaced within the year, and I know the thermostat is opening fine leaving only the radiator. My question is am I over reacting. I used to have the exact same model and year van and I never had this problem with the heat. I was always impressed actually at how constant it was. So what is up with my new (used) van? Is there anything else other than the radiator that could be the problem. Is it a problem where its at? It doens't show any signs of heating up at idle. Any help would be appreciated

Marc

Old 07-07-2005, 02:21 AM
Default RE: Running too hot?

Need to have a look at the tubes inside the radiator that the water flows thru maybe a section of the rad not flowing enough water. Maybe a good idea just to pull the raditor and have it rodded out also make sure that there is nothing abstructing the air flow thru the raditor and AC condensor.