General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Thanks to Ford Forum and all the members

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Default Thanks to Ford Forum and all the members

I just wanted to say Thanks so much...because of Ford Forum and all the members with questions,and possible answers...I have my truck back on the road..2006 F150..yes she has the beloved 5.4 3v Triton.....I couldn't find a shop willing to work on it...so to the internet I turned to for answers and thankfully I ended up here. 4 o2 , 2 vvt's, 2 cps.. thermostat new hoses, cleaned oil pan....and vacuum hose that comes off booster...all of that and still was getting po345,po349..I didn't give up...I however did find that the wire leading to the o2sensor on bank two the protection cover had melted leaving the wires exposed....after sometime under the truck I was able to cover with protection..now she runs great ....no misfiring or lose of power and just think it all started one morning after stopping at the grocery store ...fine when i arrive but when I left to go home i was wondering if I had gotten into the wrong truck,.lol sorry to ramble....just a southern gal saying Thanks

Old 08-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Thank you for your kind words. We have a fine group of members and an excellent moderator that has bailed a lot of us out ,,,,many times !

In just trying to be helpful can';t decide if you shouldn't have gone to the grocery store or shouldn't have attempted to go home. Just kidding !