Headers vs factory exhaust manifolds on 5.4 triton - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Go Back  Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Brand Review > Intake, Headers and Exhaust
Reload this Page >

Headers vs factory exhaust manifolds on 5.4 triton

Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers vs factory exhaust manifolds on 5.4 triton

Old 07-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Default Headers vs factory exhaust manifolds on 5.4 triton

On my 2005 Navigator I noticed that the factory exhaust manifolds look the closest to shorty headers than any other factory manifolds Iíve seen. This got me to wondering how well they actually perform when compared to other types of factory manifolds and compared to shorty headers.

My navigator does not have the factory exhaust, I changed to a flowmaster 40 series and eliminated the resonator at the back. I had noticed just before the factory muffler, the exhaust restricted from 2.75 to 2.5 and back to 2.75 at the muffler inlet, so we eliminated that restriction. Iím actually not certain how much that helped me gain and if I went to a 3 inch pipe and muffler, what my gains would be.