Member Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here! Check it out.

Give your truck better illumination with Lumen LED Tailgate Bar!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 06:09 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Give your truck better illumination with Lumen LED Tailgate Bar!

LED light bar is a great option if you want your rig to be seen even in the worst weather conditions, day or night. With Lumen LED Tailgate Bar you won't have to worry about visibility and someone rear ending your truck in the traffic. It comes in 49” and 60” lengths with a sleek design and reliable construction. All this illumination is encased in a tough, lightweight aluminum housing with an impact resistant polycarbonate lens. It is weatherproof, shock- and vibration resistant, ready to handle any adventures you're truck is going through.

Features:

- 60” light bar has 90 LEDs, 60 red LEDs and 30 white LEDs, 49” light bar has 72 LEDs, 48 red LEDs and 24 white LEDs
- Operating Voltage: 9-30V DC
- Lifespan: 50,000 hours or more
- Plug and play installation
- Attaches with included 3M double-sided foam tape
- 5-years warranty.

Lumen® - LED Tailgate Light Bar

Watch the installation process in this video:

Make your truck complete and let everyone know you're ahead with Lumen LED Tailgate Bar from CARiD!

Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 PM

I purchased a R26416 Recon 60" White Lightning Tailgate LED Light Bar for my 2016 F150. I chose to hardwire the light because using the four prong plug turns off the back up sensors and blind spot indicator. It was easy to install into the tail light, I used wire clips. 2 weeks later, I got in the truck and my running boards quit working, I started the truck and the climate control wouldn't work, the power seat did not adjust, the air bag light came on, I opened the windows because it was hot and drove to the Ford Dealer. The Tire Pressure sensors failed and then the parking assist malfunction warning. the power window stopped working. The dealer took it for 2 days and then determined the BCM needed reprogramming due to the aftermarket light bar being installed. I believe this is false. I asked them if the light was installed incorrectly and they said we don't suggest you wiring anything with the new LED tail lights. They want to charge me $150 to disconnect the four wire clips... SMH. I declined. I would like some guidance as to whether this light could corrupt the BCM. And if so, what is the property way to connect this light. Thank you.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Steve, sorry to hear that it caused the problems with your truck's wiring. We also have a 2016 F150 Ecoboost, and we already installed aftermarket LED lights - everything works fine (you can check our truck in the signature), so I am a little bit confused by the dealer's reply. On the other hand it's obvious that dealers don't recommend installing aftermarket stuff. Please consult with our tech experts about the installation of this item on your truck by giving them a call at 800-505-3274.
We sell these tailgate bars for more than 5 years now, and never really received complaints on connectivity and other issues, so I am more than sure that our guys will help you to find the problem.
Thank you!