NASCAR The worlds largest professional racing series. Millions of fans. Are you one of them? Who's your driver?
View Poll Results: A poll
They should be allowed
19.23%
They shouldnt be allowed
19.23%
It dosnt realy matter
3.85%
Dont care
3.85%
Keep it all american
53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Default RE: who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar

If thats the case then Dodge doesnt belong in NASCAR. Chrysler is no longer an American company, they are now part of Daimler-Benz (a German company).
Toyota and Honda are just as common on American roads as are Ford, GM and Dodge. If they want to compete, why not let them?
Its not as if what Ford and GM are racing in NASCAR is even close to being the same as why you can buy off the showroom floor.
Octane

Old 08-17-2005, 03:20 PM

Your right, this car are nothing like the cars on the road. So why not let Tonka and Hotwheels compete? or the company they belong to[:@]

Old 08-17-2005, 07:54 PM

WOW its still 50%-50%, I just gotta keep CCTXFISH from blowing a gaskit[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

I say sure, since americans do build these cars as well now. With the toyota plant in Kentucky. I am not sure where Nissan is or Honda's plant is, but they have them here and americans build them and they give jobs to americans.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:24 PM

I say no.

Because as soon as the japs enter in they will be wanting things like EFI, ABS, and auto transmissions mandated, and go from a Small Block V8 to running a turbo 4 banger or something.

later,
Dustin

Old 09-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Administrator

my problem with how the rules are not enforced aside, here is my problem with that idea...when nascar started, it was comprised of STOCK CARS...maybe with some work done...now its bad enough that we have a bunch of FWDs and sedans which are suddenly performance RWd coupes, but the jap auotmakers dont make carburated engines, so they would have to either develop a whole car AND a new induction system, or NASCAR would have to bend the rules again..i think that they need to start requiring manufacturers to run what they brung, so to speak...not just make a sheet metal body around a basically universal chassis...and drop a huge engine in it...nascar has grown dumb over the years...

Old 10-15-2005, 12:51 AM

The last time I checked you couldnt get a Taurus with a 351, a 5-speed manual tranny and rear-drive either.
Face it folks, Toyota is here to stay. Get used to it.
Dont be surprised if a Toyota wins the Nextel championship within 10 years.
Octane

Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM

I dont have a problem with it at all. What can it hurt? When japanese cars were becoming popular in the states, all of the die hard American car buyers blew there lids. They didnt care that the Toyota's, Honda's, etc would run 3 times as long as fords, chevys, or dodges. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge didnt really care much either. Then consumers started buying more and more foreign cars, and guess what, quality become a large priority for US automakers. I guess what I am saying is that fresh competition will only make the racing better.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Administrator

i dont get into nascar enough to care, really. octane, i wasnt arguging that the imports shouldnt be allowed in because of the drivetrain, i was arguing that NONE of these cars should be allowed in, except maybe the charger...but they are no longer "stock cars"..remember when they had to sell 500 of a car to race it? even if you wanted to change the rear glass line, you had to sell some of them.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 AM

NEVER!!! They already had to put on restrictor plates so the GM garbage could play with the big boys. Who wants to see a 30 MPH race so the Jap garbage can keep up?

The Japs have NEVER built a fast car and have NO racing heritage whatsoever! The introduction of this into the truck series is why I will NEVER watch it. I will also boycott NASCAR if they cave in.

Quick Reply: who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar