2018 Transit Connect Wagon - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2018 Transit Connect Wagon

Old 09-14-2018, 01:12 AM
Default 2018 Transit Connect Wagon

Hey everyone,
We've owned numerous new Fords over the years. We bought our first new one in 1975. And we've always been happy with the vehicles and the dealerships.
Well, this is our third new Ford from Ford Of Ocala (Ocala, FL) and the purchase process was just as great as it's always been. But I must admit that we're a bit concerned about either Ford Of Ocala or Ford Motor Company now.
We made our purchase, and took delivery, just after the Fourth Of July. We noticed a couple of little defects, one in the passenger door panel and one problem with the headliner. The new vehicle has now been at Ford Of Ocala for a month to repair those two small problems. I believe they've had our new vehicle more than we've had it. And, the crazy thing is, no one at the service department has called to explain. OK, sure, we could, and maybe should, be calling them but it's now a curiosity as to whether we'll ever hear from them again. And, btw to their credit, they did provide us with a nice loaner vehicle.
So we drive this loaner and joke about what our own new vehicle was like. I guess, if we ever get it back, we'll have to go to the manual again to figure out how things work.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

Sorry to hear of the isssues.
But, they certainly should call you and make you aware of the repairs/progress, and any parts or B/O that may be holding up its return. Back in 03 I had my new 6.0 S/D in for warranty repairs for 6 weeks.. The first time. but was squared away.
And,,, with the loaners it kept the mileage off my truck!
Hope you get that call soon,, but certainly isnít good business, more so to a faithful or regular customer.