New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

94 E350 Skip Please HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Default 94 E350 Skip Please HELP!!

Hello Fordsters....
An analogue man in a digital auto world need some help.. In 2006, I purchased a 1994 E350 cutaway bus with 41,000 miles. I am converting for a balloon retrieve vehicle.
I had been sitting for some time soaking up the Florida air... salt air that is. Needless to say there were some corrosion issues. The squirrels had build a large acorn nest on top of the engine as well. it took lots of cleaning before we could even attempt to start the beast.
It has the 7.5L gas engine with throttle body injection.
Here is where I am today.
Cleaned ground straps on battery and around the engine compartment.
Replaced: Fuel pump ( after cleaning tar and varnish out of the tank.)
fuel filter on rail.
All new fluids.
Starter,
Starter relay
Batteries, Car and house,
Had Radiator completely repaired and cleaned.
Voltage Regulator
120 Amp Alternator Repaired
New Plugs
New Wires
New Cap
New Rotor
Vacuum lines repaired.
The project is not to the point that I need to register the vehicle and would like to make sure the engine is going to perform properly before the next step.
Since the first day it has had an intermittent skip.
Initially the idle was really high, but as I cured the vacuum leaks it now seem to be within range. Fast idle then back to normal after it warms up.
Over the last year or so there has been no problem with starting. Just the skip.
Until last week it would start instantly without a problem.
Now it has become hard to start. Require excess crank time until the first start attempt. It will start and run then immediately die. Each of the start/run episode get longer until it finally starts. After about 6 to 10 attempts.
Once started, it pretty much performs as it did until last week. Except that the check engine light now stay on. This has not been an issue until recently.
I plan to purchase a code reader but want to make sure the type top by. I believe that this engine uses the OBC-1.
Is this correct? If so, will one of the 29.00 readers do the job?
Another issue I have noticed is in regard to the transmission. It seams that the vehicle does not want to drop down in to low without a little help. That is a problem for another day.
Can you offer some trouble shooting suggestions?
Any Help you offer is appreciated.
Thanks
BariBob

Last edited by baribob09; 05-28-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: mispellings