New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Exhaust entering cabin from rear wing windows while driving a 2015 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:08 AM
DBG
Question Exhaust entering cabin from rear wing windows while driving a 2015 Expedition

Does anyone have a problem with exhaust entering the cabin of a 2015 Expedition when the Rear Wing Windows are open, while driving?

I have a 2008 Expedition as well and NEVER had a problem with exhaust entering the cabin while driving with the back wing windows open.

Now in my 2015, when I open the rear wing windows (which I used to use all the time for air circulation) exhaust enters the vehicle while I'm driving. This problem also happened on a rental Expedition I had for a week while traveling.

I brought my 2015 to the dealer to have them check it out and they noticed the tail pipe was located in the back of the vehicle on newer vehicles instead of the side like in my 2008. I was advised by the dealer, not to open the rear wing windows anymore on my very expensive Expedition Platinum and they will not do anything about it.

I called Ford corporate and opened a case with them. They told me yesterday, that their engineering department was aware that exhaust entered the cabin when they redesigned it and since it was documented during the redesign discussions and it was known from the beginning, I am pretty much out of luck and they will not do anything about it. Can you believe that?

Thanks for letting the consumer know that if you buy this vehicle now, plan on you and your kids being choked to death with exhaust when using the back wing windows on a 60K vehicle.

My questions to you all:
1. Does anyone else have this problem
2. Do you think that if the back tail pipe is moved from the rear to the side, it will help?

Thanks in advance for any information regarding this issue.
DBG

Old 06-14-2019, 09:06 PM

My exhaust leak in on my 1993 Ford Crown Victoria AC Vents. Two years ago a mechanic ran a by-pass on my heater because I could not afford the $1500.00 to replace the heater core. (You have to remove the dash to do this). Could I have a leak in the heater by-pass?