New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from Spain... ford f 350 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Default Hello from Spain... ford f 350 7.3

Hello, I write to all from Spain and am thinking a ford buys f 350 7.3 of the year 99 with 145000 miles, want to know if it is a good truck?, thanks to all

Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM

If both the engine and the truck were maintained and serviced regularly ask to see the maintenance records. Engine is pretty good so is the truck if well taken care of.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:02 AM

Thank you for answering, I do not know the previous owner, wait that not me of problems, I hare a general review and I expect to enjoy a lot of time. Thank you again.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

What transmission. Auto or manual?

Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM

transmision auto....

Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 AM

Hi! Welcome to the site.Its a very good and friendly forum.hope you like it here.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by cody76
Hi! Welcome to the site.Its a very good and friendly forum.hope you like it here.
thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Reason for the auto/manual question was if an automatic, has anything been done to the trans since the truck now has 145K? Reman/rebuilt trans? There were quite a few internal component upgrades to the 4R100 auto trans over the years untill the end of the production run in 2003.. One of the issues for 99 was a 'bearings in a can' rattle that came from the torque converter when idling on some units as they aged. With no service/repair records available, could be that the unit was already replaced or rebuilt, many were at your mileage especially if used in towing applications or more servere conditions. But the regular service intervals were pretty important to get a good service life from the trans.. If the engine runs good, and the trans functions fine, then just making sure that the services are up to date would be extra insurance for an extended life..

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Reason for the auto/manual question was if an automatic, has anything been done to the trans since the truck now has 145K? Reman/rebuilt trans? There were quite a few internal component upgrades to the 4R100 auto trans over the years untill the end of the production run in 2003.. One of the issues for 99 was a 'bearings in a can' rattle that came from the torque converter when idling on some units as they aged. With no service/repair records available, could be that the unit was already replaced or rebuilt, many were at your mileage especially if used in towing applications or more servere conditions. But the regular service intervals were pretty important to get a good service life from the trans.. If the engine runs good, and the trans functions fine, then just making sure that the services are up to date would be extra insurance for an extended life..

Thank you very much for your response, not since it has been the maintenance, goes very softly in the changes and wheel of marvel, only bibra a bit on having stopped and not of which it can be, probably a rotor of rear brake ......

Thank you for everything.

Last edited by Eduardo; 06-03-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Actually, I rebuild a lot of E4OD and 4R100 tranmissions, and couldn't agree more with Hayapower. If you really took the 45 extra minuets when rebuilding them, they really lasted quite a long while without the little problems that they always had. The engine though, is very, very reliable if given any maintanance.

Quick Reply: Hello from Spain... ford f 350 7.3