New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

hockey puck

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Default hockey puck

idiot chick trying to figure out where this puck may have come from on my truck. looks like a hockey puck, made of rubber, guessing a bushing for something...any ideas??????

Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Default RE: hockey puck

Welcome to Ford Forum kdg966.

Looks like we have a bit of a mystery to try and solve. Well you said it looked like a hockey puck? Would that hockey puck happen to have a hole in the middle? I guess that would make it a rubber doughnut, but I thought I would ask.

Are you hearing or feeling anything different from your truck since discovering the puck? I am really trying hard to think of what it could be, like a motor mount or stabilizer bar bushing....something like that, but losing one of those probably could not happen without the associated mayhem that would come with it.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this little mystery.

Let us know if you find out what it is before we can guess.

Cheers.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Welcome to the forum kdg966.

Never feel like an idiot. We all have been to a point that we get something crazy or strange and can't figure it out. Asking questions is the way to gain knowledge.

I would think like fblevins1, but if it doesn't have a hole in it, it could be just a spacer of sorts maybe for the bed. If you could post a picture that may help.

I'm sure one of the Ford gurus will know.

Keep us posted though.
Ron

Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM

Yes, this thing has a hole in the middle maybe about 3/4", the doughnut itself maybe 4" to 5". Now that you mention it, when i hit a bump in the road it does sound like something bangs underneath the bed. I wondered if it was a transmission mount, only because i can feel movement in the shifter when i let off the clutch and accelerate. Almost like the whole housing unit is turning/twisting. Am I making sense??? Anyways looking online it doesn't resemble a transmission mount.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Sounds like it may be an exhaust hanger. Look under the truck to see if you might see a place on the exhaust that it may have come from. Does mit resemble the attachment?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4125/9118C3958FA243B4AF904D341B14314C.jpg[/IMG]