New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

MP3 or Ipod Touch for My Sync System?

Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Thumbs up MP3 or Ipod Touch for My Sync System?

Anyone have experience/ideas/suggestions about whether an MP3 player is better than an ipod touch for playing tunes thru my 2010 Fusion's Sync System? Can I tell the system to play specific music if it's and iPod I'm using; or does it have to be an MP3 player to voice command? I haven't bought either yet and am getting rid of Sirius XM satelite radio as it's very repetitive. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 AM

Yes, just about any ipod or MP3 player should work with my touch. And yes, you should be able to select any song by voice command. There are a few points to remember though.
First, if you have more then one listing of the same song (especially under the same composer or group), it will ask for more info on which one you wish to play.
Second, the voice recognition is still progressing; some words it just can't understand when spoken like the difference between "blue" and "view"; hyominymns seem to be the death of this system. I listen to a lot of classical music, and if I have 2 selections by Bach or Bethoven, there always seems to be a problem.
This system is SLOW for the touchscreen. I'm pretty good at knowing how to lock these systems up now that I know where most of the holes are in the programming, so don't press the touchscreen until its completed a command.
Sometimes, the APIM will just quit recognizing the USB port, and may have to be reflashed to the latest updates (or even just to get it out of the black screen of death that happens to this system). Which brings me to the last point, which is that the MyTouch software still hasn't had the "great fix" that Ford promises will be "released in the first quarter of 2012" released yet. Believe me, there's a lot to fix in it, and we're waiting.
Good luck.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Thumbs up Thanks!

Many thanks Grease Mark! I appreciate your reply and the valuable info.
Cheers!