New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Turning 18 In a Month, Fusion is Getting Some Love

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Default Turning 18 In a Month, Fusion is Getting Some Love

Hello everyone. I hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm turning 18 in a month and I'm buying myself another car to celebrate because who cares about money? So since I'll have a fall back option, my beloved 2009 Ford Fusion is going to get a nice set of bolt ons to make her more fun to take out, just like a trophy wife. Although, over 1 year, 8 months and 25,000 miles of driving, this car has probably cost me less money than my ex girlfriend did over half that time.

I'm looking to put on some coil-overs or a set of sport shocks and lowering springs, and then some 20 inch wheels. Nothing too crazy. She's pushing 194,000 miles on the odometer, so even though she's running like an absolute champ, I'm gonna wait for that Duratec to blow up before I start doing anything to the motor. I plan on keeping this car as long as she'll stay running, even if it means a motor rebuild in the future.

I originally joined to ask the Fusion drivers here if they had any recommendations for coilover sets or spring/shock setups, but I'll probably be sticking around for awhile because I'd like to get another Ford as my celebration of adulthood. Probably something with a stick since nobody ever taught me to drive one. Anyway, thanks for your time. I look forward to many great discussions with the people of this board