New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

UK Ford Fiesta owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 02:17 PM
Thumbs up UK Ford Fiesta owner

Hello guys N gals, just thought I would write a little hello message to introduce myself. This is the second ford forum I have been involved with, I left the last because they were big oppressors of freedom of speech, and I decided I would have no part in being part of their community. This was a shame as the members were generally ok, there were a few that were less than desirable, but it was the mods that were absolutely terrible. SOOOO, here I am.

I am from the United kingdom and have owned only three cars myself, now having a ford fiesta mk5 of year 2008. Have been slowly modifying it and putting my own stamp on it. It is only a small engine of 1.25 16v, but it has a reasonable 75bhp, and those engines were tuned by Yamaha so this gives them some street cred.
I have been doing some of the work on it myself, trying to save a few pounds and gaining skills at the same time. Have re-painted the car myself, after adding some styling accessories including a front bumper apron, with mesh, side skirts, and will be adding a rear bumper skirt when it arrives from the manufacturer in Turkey. I have recently added coilover kit to the front and rear suspension, lowering the front by 50mm and the rear by 30mm. There is 20mm spacers on the rear axle and 10mm on the front, either side. Here in the uk we are not allowed to have the road wheels extend any further than the cars body itself, or it will not pass the stringent road worthiness tests that the government set. I added an MSD power coil with iridium plugs, an aftermarket rising rate fuel pressure regulator, and a home made cold air feed box, to fully shield the high flow, cone filter, induction kit to ready the car for the small, 500cc per rotation, supercharger I bought last week. Not so long back I installed larger drilled and grooved disc brakes on the front, and also converted the rear axle from drum to disc brakes, with painted callipers. The brakes work perfectly and are hella better at making it stop. I bought some chrome exterior body styling also which will be added to the car some time in the near future.

I intend to add the supercharger soon enough, with a 200cpi, high flow, sports catalyst with a new, stainless steel, cat back custom exhaust system. With the addition of the supercharger I will be opting for an engine remap most likely starting with a stage 1, and then moving up to a stage 3. The addition of a performance cam shaft kit is likely in the future, however, being very expensive to supply and fit it may be something that will take a while to obtain. I priced the cams at £500+, and fitment around about the same cost as the kit, all in all the cams will cost in excess of £1000 alone.

Well that's all for now, will keep you all posted on mods added and look forward to reading all your posts regarding your pride and joy, and your journeys into modding. Thanks for reading.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site!