North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Central Connecticut State University Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Default Central Connecticut State University Car Show

The Central Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Central Car Club's 8th Annual Spring Car Show, on Sunday, April 29th, 2007.

New Britain CT 06051
Lot TBA, but it will be off of Ella Grasso, so the directions will be basically the same.

Time:
Registration Opens @ 2pm
Registration Closes @ 6:30pm
Events occurring between 6-8pm
Trophy Presentation at 7:30pm

Price:
- Free to Spectate
- $5 Registration Fee

Events:
Pizza Eating Contest, more events TBA.

The Loot:
GM Award, Mopar Award, Nissan/Infiniti Award, Mitsubishi/DSM Award, Subaru Award, Honda/Acura Award, Audi/VW Award, Euro/Other Award, Toyota/Lexus/Scion Award, Ford Award, Bike Award, Off-road Truck Award, Sport Truck Award, Show Car Award, People's Choice, Exotics Award, Muscle Car Pre 1973 Award, Classics Pre 1964 Award, Mazda Award, Club Award Size & Speed, Sleeper

Other notes:
- This year's theme is Gone in 60 Seconds..and no, no one's car is going to be stolen at the show, haha
- The show is later in the day this year, so sleep in, wash the car and come on by, no need to be up real early...we're trying a night show for the first time, and we are working on some elements of the show that normally couldn't be undertaken during the daytime.
- Judging has been simplified and hopefully idiot proofed, but C3 has proven that anything is possible...
- The student center will be open during the event for restrooms/vending.
- We're trying something new with the club award this year. One will be based on size, but the other will be based on power. Bring dyno sheets, timeslips, etc. This award will be for the fastest club in attendance.
-There is a good chance that the show will take place on top of the North Garage. There are some speedbumps there, so if your car is ridiculously low, LET ME KNOW, and we can make provisions to accomodate you.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to the club e-mail, ccsucarclub@gmail.com, or reply in this thread. Thanks, hope to see you guys there!

Directions from I-84 (Hartford, Waterbury, Points N/W/E)
Take the Rt.9 Exit 39A off I-84. Follow Rt. 9 South to the second exit, Exit 29. At bottom of ramp, take right. Go straight through first light. Follow rd, show will be on the right, signs will show which lot.

Directions from I-91, Rt. 9 (Middletown, New Haven, Points S/SW/SE) From 91, take exit onto route 9 North. Take Newington exit 29. At bottom of ramp, go straight through light. Go straight through next light. Left at the next light. Road you turn onto should be Ella Grasso Blvd. Straight through next two lights, show will be on left, signs will show which lot.