Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

Ode to Superlift

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Default Ode to Superlift

I own a 1995 F-150. I always wanted a lifted 4x4 growing up and always thought Skyjacker was top of the line and I never settle for less than that. First I did a leveling kit with SkyJacker springs and Rancho shocks and it was great. After much thinking and looking I finally decided to give the Superlift 4 inch kit a try. It was much more reasonable priced and I know they where a good name in lifts even though it wasnt what I wanted. I was able to get a kit for my TTB front end truck that included 4 shocks front coils rear blocks radius arm drop brackets and of course the brackets to drop the front axels for around 600 buck. Prior to that I couldnt find anything outher than rough country lifts that would even touch that price. After intalling my lift everything was looking great and I was very happy, after a week or two I started noticing that the front end was sagging about an inch low. The more time passed the worse it got untill I was about 2 inches lower in the front. I called Superlift and with now complaing or hassel they where happy to send me a set of new heavy front springs at no cost. When the arrived they where clearly not new springs and had two different types of paint on them. I was ok with them sending a slightly used set of springs maybe a demo or something but these didnt even look like a set and one was slightly shorter than the other. After calling agian I was sent another set at no charge to me and the same thing happened a seccond time. It appeared that some where between being boxed and being at my door the springs where being swapped for junk and the new ones where being stolen. After calling agian I was sent yet another set of springs and finally got the right thing. I cant say enough for this company who was willing to take my word for it and take care of the problem with no cost to me. They never even asked for me to pay shipping to return the old junk springs that showed up. I will never buy another lift component that is not Superlift agian. Thanks to them for their great customer service and dedication to making sure the customer is happy. If only every company did business this way.