Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

FORD Needs a true EV

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Default FORD Needs a true EV

Ford is becoming more and more ineffective in our current environmental sensitive climate.
Ford has no one in management that is willing to take the time to understand what customers need or want.
Ford will go out of business if they do not implement very simple design principles for a pure EV car design.
There are no excuses. The technology is here, batteries are here, electric motors are here, and customers are here.

Ford needs a simple EV car to prevent its most certain demise.
All you need FORD is an electric motor, a battery, and some control electronics.
Why haven't you done this Ford? Just make it happen. Do it for the country, your workers, and your own survival.
There are several companies that are making very quick recharge batteries with enough capacity for several hundred mile ranges.
Advanced Battery Technology, A123 Systems, CBAK, Valance, just to name a few. So why have you not made it work..

A pure EV vehicle is much more simple than a Gasoline Fueled vehicle. Practically zero maintenance and much less cost to manufacture than an alternative Hybrid.

I believe that Ford's management lacks any forward vision and deserves to go out of business unless they can grasp a few simple market needs concepts.

I think Alan Mually is a great manager as he has shown working for Boeing and the 777 but I suspect Ford hasn't allowed him to the job they hired him for.
Ford; why do you spend money on managers and not let them do their job?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Default RE: FORD Needs a true EV

Why not just make it happen Mr. Alan Roger Mulally why don't you just make it happen?
It is not that Ford cannot do it.
Why have you not done this yet?

If Ford is to survive they must change their fundamental outlook towards manufacturing cost savings, labor cost savings, fuel and environmental savings.

EV cars will abstract our energy usage and allow clean alternatives at its source to be regulated.
Clean coal, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, and natural gas are the solution for powering the grid.
CNG powered cars are a stop gap but pure quick charge EV cars are the end solution for transportation and the technology is here today not the near or far off future.

Ford has only to open their eyes to see the solution and quit making excuses. If they do not, it will be Ford's management at fault and not its workers or the economy.
There are no excuses... Quick charge stations can be implemented between major cities without much fuss or expense. There are quick charge Li-Titanate batteries that can be safely charged to 80% capacity in 3 mins. and have been proven to be safer for the environment with no lead or other harmful metals. They are bullet proof and do not catch fire if overcharged or shorted.

I would fire all of Ford's existing upper and middle management with the exception of Alan Mulally. I've met Alan while working at Boeing during the 777 rollout and was impressed with his ability to manage people and projects.

I would suggest that Ford allow Mr. Mulally to do his job and give hime control of the future of Ford without a background noise of old fart mentalities that will shut down Ford for good if not fired and forced to take early retirement.

It is time for change FORD...

Old 10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Default RE: FORD Needs a true EV

Hybrids are not the answer FORD..
Hybrids are a stop gap ridiculous over use of complicated parts that do nothing to solve our dependence on foreign oil.
Why do you need to over complicate the automobile? Why not simplify, reduce life cycle cost for the customer, increase reliability, increase longevity, reduce foreign oil use, reduce harmful environmental impact, and reduce production cycles? Why not FORD?

There is also a major major retrofit market out there if Ford is listening... This would more than make up for any lack of perceived OEM parts sales and potential service market loss.

Other companies will take your market share and put you out of business unless you listen to your customer. Sure you'll still sell a few gas guzzler trucks and SUVs but you will be down sized into oblivion, a penny stock at best with no redeeming qualities and what's more you will have well deserved your own demise.

The question you must ask yourself FORD? Will you force our young people in harms way to further your own selfish stubborn way of life or will you lead the automotive industry into a new age of energy independence, innovation, and provide for the security of our nations children, both present and future generations of automotive workers, and your own survival.
I would be the first one to purchase such a pure EV vehicle and would be willing to pay more for first run versions to pave the way. I know there are many more people who feel the same way. If you make it they will buy it.

People are waiting for the right solution FORD. Are you listening?

You will see large tax incentives in the near future for alternative vehicle purchases and this will drive more people away from your stubborn gas guzzling anti-American sentiment.