Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Getting car loan to buy a used car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Default Getting car loan to buy a used car?

Hey guys!
I am trying to get a car loan now. I would like to know some information regarding this. I am working as an IT professional here and I am getting more than $5k as monthly income.
So what will be the maximum amount I can get? I am looking to buy a not-so-expensive car, preferably used. There are several companies in Canada who provide vehicle loan services. How can we find out the car loan company who provide the loan at lowest interest rate? Can somebody help me with the answers? Thank you in advance

Old 05-21-2017, 09:38 PM

Go to your bank, find out from them who does used loans. I assume you are
buying from a private party? Usually at least here in the US you are not going to
get a loan for a used car from a private party.. You could get a personal loan from your
bank to cover the cost. But all this is just talk.
Start at your Bank
Best

Old 11-19-2020, 02:09 PM

Depends on the car price I guess.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:13 PM

I think it is not a problems for a guy that can make $5k in a month. Moreover there are a lot of companies that can afford him to buy every car he wants. You just need to prove to that company that you are able to pay the needed amount per month and you should not have any problems. There is a place with car buyers near me and they are making pretty good money on cars. So they said that it is not a big problem if you want to buy an expensive car, because the loan agencies in the US can afford to pay for everything.

Last edited by Harryrary; 11-22-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:49 PM

Hi, I'm looking for affordable auto financing solutions and I'd love to hear from the community about their experiences and recommendations for affordable and flexible auto loans. What options can you share for smoother and more affordable lending?

Old 11-14-2023, 06:19 AM

To make the financing process smoother and more affordable, consider reviewing your credit report and improving your credit score before applying for a loan. Look out for the best interest rates, as different lenders may offer different terms. Also, aim for a substantial down payment to reduce the loan amount and lower your monthly payments. Personally, I had a positive experience with Ally Financial and their ally financial customer service was responsive and helpful compared to other lender services.