Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Moving SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Default Moving SUCKS!

Oh my god, I hate moving so much. I’m not sure how I feel about our new home, and believe I liked our old one better. The rooms are so much smaller. Not enough plug ins. I believe some people may have smoked cigarettes in here before. It took 5 hours to load the uhaul. I have barely ate anything to do. We were almost 2 hours late on bedtime. My body wash spilt and emptied completely out in one of the bags destroying LO’s toothbrush. The hot water wasn’t working at first and my husband had to hit the reset button. That’s the second time we’ve had to do that. This house has a smell but I have no idea what it is that I’m smelling. Either old or old cigarette smell. We just installed HVAC because it didn’t have it and the guy told us, “just to let you know there’s a leak under your house by your bathroom and it’s buckling the floor in one of your bedrooms.” The room that is supposed to be my daughters. I’m scared of cigarette smoke residue, scared that there may be mold since there’s a leak, scared that we live so close to a power sub station. It’s one of the small ones but it’s probably 50-100 feet from the end of our backyard. Honestly it’s probably closer than that. When you get to the end of our backyard you can hear the humming from the electric. The old owner was supposed to fix all this before we moved in and he said he did, but I’m thinking he either tried to cover the leak up or did it himself because he did EVERYTHING in this house himself. The flooring, the cabinets. I feel like I failed my daughter by buying this house. Sure, we got a good deal on the price and it is a cute little home, but it is SO different than what I imagined my first home being like. So different than what I wanted my daughter to live in. We were renting our last house, but it was awesome. Such a big front and backyard. In the country so always seeing little critters and deers. I’m really disappointed. Sad. It sucks because when we got the inspection papers back I wanted to back out of buying this place, but we had already put $800 in for the inspection and for submitting an offer and we’re not made of money. I really liked the home at first, but we bought it without even coming and seeing it in person because we lived 2 hours away. The first time I saw it in person I felt so sad I cried. I would consider this place a fixer upper. This is our life for at least a year. I’m happy cause we’re back living close to family, but I wish we had a different house. My husband is upset about it too, but trying to be positive. It doesn’t help that his family says that it’s rough and that it needs a lot of work. It’s such small stuff it just feels like a lot. I just hope I start to like it soon. I hope LO adjusts to it well. She was so tried by time I got her to sleep. She gets her 18 month shots next week and I’m always so paranoid about big changes next to vaccinations. I never want too much stress on her before she gets her shots.

Old 09-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

We bought a second home in TX. Me, don't care much for TX at
all, hot as hell, my truck was hail damaged, the next season was hot, and ice storms in the winter. it closer to the kids, but that's not enough for me.

Old 09-04-2023, 01:09 AM

I don't think there are people who like moving. I also find it to be exhausting. Moreover, it is not easy to choose a good moving company.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:29 AM

Moving can be incredibly stressful, and it sounds like you've had a tough transition. I can relate to the challenges of adjusting to a new home. If you suspect cigarette smoke residue or mold, it's a good idea to get a professional inspection for peace of mind. Also, make sure to have your HVAC system checked thoroughly since it was just installed. Safety should always come first. Just in case, check out this gas valve troubleshooting guide https://alphamechanicals.com/blog/fu...check-and-fix/ to address any concerns related to gas. Actually, you find not only great tips there but also high-quality HVAC services.

Last edited by Kationds; 09-04-2023 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:52 PM

Sometimes when things look so bleak at first, they do turn out better than we expected and that is really good.

The one thing to keep in mind is we humans have keen ability to adapt.
If after one year you got back to us and tell us how you adapted and found things we thought were a disaster turned out to be not as bad as first thought..