Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Ford's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Random bleep

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:41 AM
Default Random bleep

I recently purchased a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2013 plate. When I am driving sometimes it makes a beep which lasts for about 4 seconds and goes off & it does it randomly, sometimes when I drive it can do it several times, then others it'll do it once. I managed to get a video of it. If anybody knows what it is or how to turn it off please let me know.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
FullSizeRender.mov (969.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-28-2021, 06:34 AM

Never heard that noise before from a Ford, Im in the US, maybe GB/UK has different chimes.
I would recommend first checking the instrument cluster for any fault lights that do not illuminate when the key is first turned on.
Next you could get a high end scan tool and see what faults are present, specifically the body control module and instrument cluster module.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by scott.butler4
Never heard that noise before from a Ford, Im in the US, maybe GB/UK has different chimes.
I would recommend first checking the instrument cluster for any fault lights that do not illuminate when the key is first turned on.
Next you could get a high end scan tool and see what faults are present, specifically the body control module and instrument cluster module.

possibly yes as I am in the UK. I have checked for any fault lights and none seem to show when the noise is made it’s very odd

Old 01-28-2021, 07:52 AM

I believe Scott is referring to what we call the bulb check.
You do need to know what lights should come on and note if there is a possibility of a bulb /or bulbs not working.
You probably never paid attention to it , but when you first turn the key on , all the bulbs in the instrument cluster lite up momentarily as a bulb check , then most go out.

Last edited by hanky; 01-28-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
I believe Scott is referring to what we call the bulb check.
You do need to know what lights should come on and note if there is a possibility of a bulb /or bulbs not working.
You probably never paid attention to it , but when you first turn the key on , all the bulbs in the instrument cluster lite up momentarily as a bulb check , then most go out.
That is what I meant, had a customers car who would beep while driving, turns out the door ajar bulb in the cluster was burnt out so they didn't know a door was reading as ajar causing the beeping.
I've only seen it twice so its rare but its possible.