Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

stock slammin'

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Default stock slammin'

ok i have a task ahead of me and im not a ford guy at all but im gonna give it a shot the rewards are worth it.
im gonnna attempt to drop a 92 lincoln continental using all the stock components. i figure if i wire up the air release valves on the airshocks then i could hook them up to a switch with power and opent them when i want wich should drop the car and then hardwire the compressor so i can turn it on and off when i want to with a switch. i realize that the car is going to drop and raise slowly but im not worried about that. im gonna completely over-ride the ride control and make it all manual. sound easy enough but i have two days to get it done or the deal is off. i was wondering since your all ford guys im assuming, is there anything that im overlooking that i should pay more attention too or any problems im gonna run into wile doing this?? im not certifed but im a good mechanic and ive done harder things but because of the short time period i could use some help from people who might know more about the specifics of this car. thanks. if it works ill post some pick maybe even a link the some vid. any help would be greatly apriciated, im pretty sure it will go smoooth but thats when things go wrong. especially on fords\lincoln\mercury's.