Transmission All geared up? Talk trans here. The good, the bad and the ugly.

94 FORD PROBE...tranny troubles...Yikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Default 94 FORD PROBE...tranny troubles...Yikes

Hi...

Just a chick with bad luck with cars...Any help would be Sweet....

My car has BIG trouble going up hills....hardly no Power, I also hear a subtle *rattle/clicking noise* when it goes up a hill...The *check engine* light also comes on when I go into 2nd gear....Other then that the tranny is ok in other gears ...Any idea's...or do i need new tranny?
thanks..Dee[]

Old 07-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Default RE: 94 FORD PROBE...tranny troubles...Yikes

Well not much info ? , how many miles , what year what engine ? , from what you have stated . I would have to say probaly a tune-up , new air filter an a new fuel filter , to get the power up , { just a guess } the other noise , rattle clicking is refered to as engine " PING " not a good thing, We have another post in the T-bird section section dealing with ping also, Allways a problem in summer heat it seems. The check engine lite needs to have the codes pulled to see whats going on with the computer.. with the Info we have rite now I would say we could safely rule out the TRANNY as a problem . If you got a bad )2 senser that will give u low power , A bad ACT senser will give you low power , A faulty thermostat { either stuck open ./ or has been removed by someone trying to correct a overheating problem }, Sorry I cant point my finger an say " some magic mombo jumbo ". You can go to a local Autozone , or possibly any auto parts store to get the codes read. But chances are they are going to tell you that you need this that an the other, As the codes only point to a failure in the system , not excatly what the problem is . If you get the codes [ write them down ] come back here an we can give you our BEST EDUCATED GUESS, As their quite a few of us here very familiar with Ford Products, An were cheap // Uh easy //UH gees