Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

Driver's Window Switches - 3 Dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Default Driver's Window Switches - 3 Dead

I have a 2000 Windstar. The two switches for the rear vents haven't worked in months. Recently, I left the driver window open in the rain one night. Next morning, now I can't operate my driver's window.

Also, my radio stopped turning on that morning as well, but one thing at a time...

I tinkered around with the connector plug behind the switch, and was able to find a terminal that acted as a common, and two others that when paired alternately with this common terminal with a shorting wire, got the window to roll up or down. At this point, I figured, there's no fuses blown, no relays toasted, the motor is good... it HAS TO BE THE SWITCH. So, I figure, great, I'll get a replacement switch, get my driver's window back, and maybe if I am lucky get my rear vents back as well.

I ordered a "like new" salvage switch off ebay, and it is identically dysfunctional to the former. Did I get another dud switch, should I ask for my money back? Or is there some deeper problem here?

Anybody know?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 PM

My rear vent windows have worked on and off for about a year .finally bought some salvage motors and all is fine now .the motors were always a problem on winnys.cant remember if there is a seperate fuse or breaker for the rear vents you could start there or just unplug the motors and check for power ,its a reversing motor so you have power on each wire due to switch positioning .front window checkout would be the same but the switch might have gotten water logged if the window was down.