Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

No AC

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Default reply

did that everything checks out there but still no cold air please help as there is a heat wave going on

Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 AM

As I stated, if the heater control valve is not operating properly (Be it a bad valve or improper electrical signal to close the valve), and allowing coolant to flow thru the rear heater core, then you will get HOT air even when the A/C is on and operating properly.

If both coolant lines are hot, the A/C HIGH pressure line is hot and the LOW pressure line is cold when the A/C is ON, then the only thing I can suggest is to pull the side pannel off to see why you're still getting HOT air instead of cold.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 PM

I would start by asking myself this, why the hell did I buy a ford in the first place, second why would I waste expensive oil and filters in it when its just going to die anyway?

I would hit it with a hammer untill it works, then take it to the junkyard, scrap it and make some usefull soup cans or garbage can lids or something that actually works!!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM

my situation is apparently vacuum in the front control switch. if the front dash control box has rear controls, there are a series of vacuum lines running to it. these switches are a common problem and often leak, causing the rear to be unresponsive to temp setting changes. unfortunately, you cant get them new anymore, so you have to rely on a used one. ebay sells these from $22 (shipped) on up. If you replaced the switch in the rear and had no change, you may consider changing the front as well if it has rear controls on it. just a suggestion. my lines appeared to be in good order, so ford recommended replacing the control box up front. good luck, let us know how it goes and what the final solution was

Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fords are gay
I would start by asking myself this, why the hell did I buy a ford in the first place, second why would I waste expensive oil and filters in it when its just going to die anyway?

I would hit it with a hammer untill it works, then take it to the junkyard, scrap it and make some usefull soup cans or garbage can lids or something that actually works!!
bad news for you bud. my minivan is a pain in the ***, the dodge truck i have blew a water pump at 41k miles, and the suburban and G20 conversion van i had both fell apart. there is no such thing as an awesome life long vehicle. if you joined this forum to run your mouth to ford drivers, i would guess that you are about 12yrs old and hoping for daddy's mud-bogger from the 80's. grow up junior.