Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Seems to have some electircal problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Default Seems to have some electircal problems

ok so i have a 93' ford expoloer xlt, about a couple of months ago i was driving and my light switch for head lights and running lights messed up i replaced it with 2 new ones and still wouldn't work correctly. i have to pull the switch all the way out and then push it in slowly to get all the lights and dash to come on. well that all happen after i installed some audio wires to hook up my ipod.

So yesterday i was out driving and i put a new cd in my cd player when about ten mintues into the cd it blew the fuse so i went and got some more fuses and tried about four new fuse while each time i was un hooking differnt thing on my cd player, i got done doing with all that when it would just keep blowing fuse so i left it alone. Well today i get in my car to move it and turn on my headlights, now it seems that the switch is working fine all headlights and dash unit come on like it should but i have no cd player any more. so i'am kinda confused the cd player was installed at a local audio shop and i installed the wires for my sub,amp which are just the power wire remote wire and ground wire, and ipod wires which are just rca wires that plug into the back of the cd unit with and earphone jack on them for ipod. So i have no idea anyone out there think they have anything that could help me out.