Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

F-350 Front End

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Kyle/Lakeland would be able to get you what you need, great to support a site vendor/advertiser too. He's an asset here, for OE part sourcing and general part or application inquiries..

And there's kits on eBay ( depending on what level of kit and repair your going to do) that use Spicer components.
Ventures Truck is a eBay wholesaler for one w/free shipping, and if your planning on ordering online, might be worth looking into. Or any other vendor there or online as long as the parts meet the bill. Your Local parts house, may/ may not have all the seals or hard parts in stock and depending on manufacturer and/or country of manufacture, it's a 'sizable' job and not worth repeating if you have install or fitment issues. Guess I'm just a little 'conditioned' from a history of customer supplied parts and aftermarket pieces that can't or haven't been able to fit the bill, or pass on early....

Most of the sealing parts tend to be reboxed, re packaged,, hard parts can be more diverse, and even offshore units. So, my .02 is to make sure where ever the parts are supplied from they are or meet OE.

Seal drivers can be fabricated from simple plumbing items available from your local hardware store if not a loaner tool like hanky mentioned are available. Your local machine shop can be of help for any press needs as well.

With 300k, the question of axle tubes bleeding gear oil (?),, if the inner axle lube seals leak or bleed, and you need or want to change them, their more difficult to change out. They need to press in straight, and to the correct depth. If not leaking, and given the high miles (if not already replaced) you could potentially develop a leak later on and have to break everything down again if it's a concern or a substantial leak. To change out the axle dust seals that commonly fail, the axle shafts have to be pulled out, not a big task, but if the axle tube contains dirt and debris, on insertion they can push collected trash into the inner axle seal creating a leak point, sometimes just disturbing the seal can as well.. If polluted, cLeaning the axle bore=good prior to going back in.

YouTube offers quite a few vids on your axle repair, and price comparisons can save you some coin. If you do visit your local Ford store, have a detailed list of what you need, vendor prices jotted down, and I guarantee they'll work with you.

Last edited by Hayapower; 04-10-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

I did not read through the thread. I apologize that I have been a little less available everyone, I am in the process of training a new employee and it has been extremely busy. I hope that the diagrams I have attached help you out.

Attached Thumbnails F-350 Front End-diagram1.png   F-350 Front End-diagram.png   F-350 Front End-diagram2.png   F-350 Front End-diagram3.png   F-350 Front End-diagram5.png  

Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by LakelandFordParts
I did not read through the thread. I apologize that I have been a little less available everyone, I am in the process of training a new employee and it has been extremely busy. I hope that the diagrams I have attached help you out.
Great information lake.Thanks for sharing this with us !!