2005 expedition radio removal????? - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:47 PM

Default 2005 expedition radio removal?????

i need to remove the stock radio from my dash. how do i get the molding/dashboard off? i cant see any screws or anywhere it is attached and i dont want to break it. i dont need to remove the entire dash, just the front cover piece around the guages and radio.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:53 AM

Default RE: 2005 expedition radio removal?????

they may just pry off if u don't see screws.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM

nstructions
Turn the radio on and remove any tapes or CDs you may have in it.

Turn off the vehicle and the accessory power.
With your car in park, put the parking brake on so that the car can't move while you're working on it.

Use an adjustable ("crescent-style") wrench to remove the negative battery cable from the battery. Loosen the nut and bolt on the cable terminals and slip it off of the battery post.

Insert a set of DIN tools into the openings on either side of the front of the radio, and push in until you feel a click. DIN tools are simple metal, U-shaped tools that are designed to disengage the catches holding the radio in place. You can purchase them at car audio shops or auto supply shops.

Spread the DIN tools outward and pull the radio towards you until you can reach the backside of the radio.

Disconnect the white plug and the antenna plug (silver) by pulling them away from the radio.

Pull the radio completely out of the dash.
Cold Air Intake Kits
Old 07-18-2012, 11:56 AM

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...NST99-5026.pdf

For any make/model vehicle, go to Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse, enter your vehicle, select the dash kit for that vehicle, and view the PDF instructions. They will tell you how to take the dash apart.