Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I need an AUX input-05 Expedition

Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Default I need an AUX input-05 Expedition

I've posted this in the Expedition area on this site, and on anotherFord forum and have had no luck... hopefully someone here has an idea.

I have an ’05 Expedition EB edition with a 6 disc in-dash cd changer which spits discs out—it’s crap; steering wheel controls; rear-seat dvd entertainment system (including rear-seat controls).

My problem….. I need an auxiliary input! I want my iPod to work with my stereo while still maintaining full use of my dvd system & rear-seat controls. I’ve been told that installing an iPod aux input won’t work with my truck (they’ll only work with this truck without the rear-seat entertainment system). I’d be willing to buy an aftermarket stereo with an aux input if it worked with the rear-seat controls, but I’ve been told this is impossible. I have even looked into the 2007/2008 EB editionfactory installedstereos—some have the aux input—but Ford says it won’t work (physically the stereo will fit no problem, but the wiring is completely different from the ’05 and according to Ford there are no wiring harness adapters available to make the whole set-up work). The only solution anyone can come up with is to install a wired FM modulator with RCA plugs to the back of my stereo through the antenna plug-in. I would then have to connect my iPod to the modulator via an A/V cable & then the sound will come through my stereo on an FM channel. However, the sound quality isn’t going to be as good as it’s coming over a radio station. Currently I’m using the XtremeMac Roadshow A/V cable with dock connector (it’s 8’ long and the sound quality is awesome) but it’s messy looking to say the least—it goes from my over-head dvd player’s A/V inputs.. hangs down to my center console.. goes through my console from back to front.. and then up to my iPod which is mounted to my windshield. It’s ugly. There has to be a cleaner, easier solution without sacrificing sound quality, or my rear-seat entertainment system!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Default RE: I need an AUX input-05 Expedition

auxiliary input,lets you keep the factory radio and factory dvd system

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-393-8...interface.aspx

this interface lets you remove the factory radio and keep the factory dvd system

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-463-8...-vehicles.aspx