Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

I need an aux input-05 Expedition EB

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Default I need an aux input-05 Expedition EB

I have an ’05 Expedition EB edition with a 6 disc in-dash cd changer which spits discs out—it’s crap; steering wheel controls; rear-seat dvd entertainment system (including rear-seat controls).
My problem….. I need an auxiliary input! I want my iPod to work with my stereo while still maintaining full use of my dvd system & rear-seat controls (I need my kids to be able to use the system via wireless/wired headphones in the backseat, while at the same time the adults can use the stereo in the front—which the factory system can do. It keeps me sane!). I’ve been told that installing an iPod aux input won’t work with my truck (they’ll only work with this truck without the rear-seat entertainment system). I’d be willing to buy an aftermarket stereo with an aux input if it worked with the rear-seat controls, but I’ve been told this is impossible. I have even looked into the 2007/2008 EB edition stock stereos—some have the aux input—but Ford says it won’t work (physically the stereo will fit no problem, but the wiring is completely different from the ’05 and according to Ford there are no wiring harness adapters available to make the whole set-up work). The only solution anyone can come up with is to install a wired FM modulator with RCA plugs to the back of my stereo through the antenna plug-in. I would then have to connect my iPod to the modulator via an A/V cable & then the sound will come through my stereo on an FM channel. However, the sound quality isn’t going to be as good as it’s coming over a radio station. Currently I’m using the XtremeMac Roadshow A/V cable with dock connector (it’s 8’ long and the sound quality is awesome) but it’s messy looking to say the least—it goes from my over-head dvd player’s A/V inputs.. hangs down to my center console.. goes through my console from back to front.. and then up to my iPod which is mounted to my windshield. It’s ugly. There has to be a cleaner, easier solution without sacrificing sound quality, or my rear-seat entertainment system!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I need an aux input-05 Expedition EB

Here is a site. They have quite a bit of stuff. I would contact these guys to see if they have the solution you are looking for. I used their AUX port when I had a basic factory system. It worked well.

http://www.pie.net/pie_store/default.asp

Old 02-27-2008, 03:19 PM

Thanks a million for taking the time to reply. I checked out that site.. I still seem to be running into roadblocks because of my RSE, but I emailed them so hopefully they'll have a solution.

I bet you love your Mustang.. the new design is great. I was looking at buying a mostly re-done '88 5L before I boughtmy Lincoln LS.. it was going to be a pet-project to get it finished.. but sadly, I waited too long and missed out. Oh to have the money for a '67 Shelby! lol

Anyways.. thanks again for your help. Cheers!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

You are welcome. Hopefully it works out for you and they can provide a positive answer.