Ford Bronco One of the original SUVs, offered in both a full size Bronco, or the more compact Bronco II.

94 Bronco Tcase (1356) and fuel problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Default 94 Bronco Tcase (1356) and fuel problem?

Hello eveyone, well let me start out by saying im new to the site but not to Ford. I have always had Fords all the way from 2000 F150, 03 Mach1, to a 02 Ford Lightning and now I have a 94 Bronco that i have been working n for th past month.

Problem 1
I have had to swap auto hubs to manual which was not that bad but then i found out that the Tcase motor was bad aswell so i replaced that well i though it was going to solve my problem but nope when i push the buttom on the dash i get nothing ive traced the wires as far as i could in the dash and under carrige. Ive also checked all the fuses under the dash and some really big fuses under the hood but nothing seems to be burnt out. If anyone knows about an inline junction box from the switch to the Tcase that might be useful. oh and i have 2 switches for the dash and have tried both.

Poblem 2
When I drive it short distance or when its cold it runs really strong, but after riding for a long period or it seems once the truck is hot it will start to run really slugish to the point that it feels like im running out of gas. when i put the peddal to the floor after its been running it just bogs way down and bairly moves?

Well thats pretty much all i have left to do till my Bronco is in top shape, so if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM

I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but from what you have described it seems like you have a problem with a low voltage condition.
Why do I suspect this?
Poor connections have a way of showing up when they get warm and insufficient voltage to the transfer case solenoid would cause it to just not work and might explain why your vehicle wants to quit after it gets warm.
As a starting point , I would suggest you check that positive cable from the battery and alternator to where it divides and goes into the inside of the vehicle.
Ford has sometimes placed a junction in that supply line and it has been known to corrode and cause a multitude of problems. You must be very thorough in checking that wiring. Don't take looking at it for granted , it has to be clean and make a good connection. Keep us informed . Thanks

Old 10-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Default thanks

Thank you, I'm gonna give that a shot this weekend. I will let everyone know how it turned out.