Ford Contour While only built on a short time span, the Contour was very popular with people of all driving styles, from the base model making for a great family car, to the SVT making a great track toy.

95 Tour Installing a few power options

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Default 95 Tour Installing a few power options

I have just bought my wife a 95 GL and started on a path to improve it a bit for her. So far the following is what I have acquired for install. Most of this is from a Mystique that was the same color.

Tilt steering wheel column - The air bag had gone off, and I read that if that is the case the steering column must be replaced not just the air bag. I had intended to just install my steering wheel and air bag on this column. Is this correct the column I got is no good? What checks should I make?

Leather seats with split fold down rear and power drivers - I looked under the front seat and there is no connector for the power seat. In the fuse block the 30 amp fuse is in place. Need help with the routing for power. I want to do this correctly.

Power windows - Mine has cranks, got these out of a Contour with the switches and door panels. I have opened a door panel and the wiring for the power window is not in place. The question here is, IF I change out the door wiring and plug it in at the twist connector will the rest of the wiring in the dash be in place? Someone must have done this before or knows how Ford did the dash wiring. This is a fairly basic model, but the 40 amp fuse for the windows is in place, and it does not have a moonroof.

Power antenna - from the Mystique. I HAVE FOUND THE INFO FOR THIS INSTALL THANKS.

I plan to install the fog lights too but I have not found any vehicles that have/had them. Is that a common accessory? I would like a picture of them and how were they switched? I am looking for a source for used ones. But I need to know what I am looking for.

Installed the fold down rear seat no problem I was impressed that the additional seat bolts were in place for these seat backs.
Installed the newer rear door sails that say Contour
Installed new2me clearer head lights. Getting those retaining clips off was a lot harder than putting them back on.
Installed underhood insulation....ahhhh that's better.
Installed glove box found one the right color and not scratched up. Swapped the lock out from mine. I like how it slowly lowers when opened. Regarding the light switch is there a way to replace it without cutting the wires?

Any advice, comments, pictures, and schematics would be helpful.

Thanks,
Aussie Ford
alpha924@hotmail.com

Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Default RE: 95 Tour Installing a few power options

Aren't you glad you figured it all out and everything works fine

Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Aussie Ford

Aren't you glad you figured it all out and everything works fine

I'm glad Aussie Ford, Glad you got it figured out. Sorry I was not a member at the time you needed help the most or I too would have ignored you. LOL

Old 11-30-2006, 11:49 PM

By Golly, thanks for the encouragement......

I just had to dig in and do some thinking, got one of those Ford CD's .... it made me a lot smarter about these cars. I went to the local junk yard and took a couple interiors toally apart. Opened up the wiring harnesses and connectors. Traced wires and add new ones. Dissempled components. I just figured there wasn't anyone here that knew what I needed.

I had one fella on another site start telling me stuff that when I opened up a door I instantly knew he hed never look at the inside of one. So no info is better than bad info....

BTW I enjoyed your response to the guy with the trunk issue. IF he knew so damm much why'd he ask the question? Then tell the guy who answered how wrong he was.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM

the fog light came stanard on my lxc they are mounted to the plastic bumber and operate by pulling out on the headlight switch.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:38 AM

Thanks azr racing,
for the info, I have the proper head light switch now, and even bought a new fog lamp indicator light for the dash. It was the last new one sitting on a shelf at a dealer in the country. That was a find. Now I'm waiting for better weather to put it all together.