Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

coolant temp light blinks

Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Default coolant temp light blinks

I have a 99 p71 and had some issues first it stalled and I check the fuses and 30amp EEC blew I replace then replace the fan motor the low speed was burnt out and replace thermostat it wasn't opening but wasn't over heating yet and replace coolant temp sensor just as a extra ! I tried to put a new computer in still no luck I reset the system and still coolant temp light blinks with engine light lost of power for a sec I really need advice

Old 04-05-2015, 10:49 AM

I notice it only blinks when accerating after 50mph

Old 06-18-2015, 11:48 AM

No help yet ford forum you suck *****

Old 07-14-2015, 09:26 AM

Just joined recently, let me ask my college and show him this post and see what we can do to help.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Default ok

Still trying to figure this out every garage can't find the issue now I'm having a new symptom the battery light flickers and gage then stops I had the alternator tested and it came up good I'm thinking to have it bench tested but can a alternator make a coolant temp light come on?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:10 PM

This may or may not help with the problem with the vehicle, but alternators can cause some crazy problems. Would be a good move to confirm good connections with all the wires coming to and from the alt. Voltage spikes and intermittent charging when not designed into the system can produce unbelievable results. Sometimes we operate the vehicle with the alt plug unplugged to take the alt out of the system. You will get a charging lite and code but if the other problem disappears you found the problem. When reconnected the lite should go out . If not you can try a soft reset by removing the negative cable from the battery and holding it against the positive cable end for a few minutes to allow the gremlins to leave then reinstall it back on the negative battery post. Sometimes this simple step helps.