Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Help on a 98 Crown Victoria!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Default Help on a 98 Crown Victoria!

I have a 98 Crown Victoria.. It appears I have no turn signals or hazards anymore. Is there some sort of Flasher that I need ot replace? Or do I have to replace the entire Stalk. Not sure how the Vic is setup when it comes to the Flashers.

I have a Standard Police package Vic. Non-Interceptor tho.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Default RE: Help on a 98 Crown Victoria!

In your fuse panel , you should have 2 flashers , one is for the turn signals , an the other is the 4-way flashers .Did you check to see if you have brake lites ??, Any chance you have hitch , an /or a trailer plug on this car ?? , Ive seen problems also in this area . Also check the trunk an make sure the wiring harness hasnt been damaged.And Also I have seen problems with the end of the lite connecters where the bulb plugs in, some times the lil wire in the connecter dont make good contact. Gotta clean them up with some componet cleaner an add dielectric grease. I had a 94 CV , a few months ago thats what the problem was , He had NO rear turn signals. or Brake lites. ,, Do your turn signals work at all ?? Ive seen them just lite up an not flash .Ive had the whole rear signals of the car not work at all , an the fronts work.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Default RE: Help on a 98 Crown Victoria!

Oh yea . by the way while ago when I was in the fuse panel ,I forgot if the Fuse was good or not , Could I get you to recheck that for me .,, And Ive seen a few with all the bulbs burnt out, As odd as that may seem. Guess one blew an over time the other one finally went bad too. ,, Who knows how long they had been driving around like that , I bet at least once every 2 months I tell ppl they got no brake lites on their car. I suppose its a old habit from when I drove long haul. I still check all my lites at least once a month, you know like when you back up . an look in the mirror to see if you can see them at nite outta the corner of your side mirrors , or on the vechile behind you , or the store front window . an look at my tires as I walk up to the vechile . creature of habit. Before the ole back gave out , An I rode the SCOOT , allways checked them lites every time I started her up ....